History: Arthur F. Richardson started Richardson’s Boat Yard in 1921. Arthur purchased the waterfront land totaling over 300 acres from a widow Mrs. Champlin. After purchasing the land he had a portion along the shore surveyed and sold lots which is now Whites Point Road. Arthur started the marina with 1 boathouse in the water. Summers were spent cutting wood, fixing and docking boats. Winters were spent cutting ice and storing boats. Over the years more boathouses were built. Arthur’s son Everett Richardson took over the boat yard in 1946.
Richard Richardson grew up helping out at the marina. He would use a hand pump to sell gas 6 gallons for $1.00!!! In 1975 Richard Richardson took over until 1993 when his 2 sons Jeff and Rick took over. Rick and Jeff are the current fourth generation owners. We believe that Richardson’s Boat Yard is the only fourth generation Marina in New England. The boat yard started selling Chaparral boats in 1985 and started selling Lund boats in 1988.
TODAY the marina has over 300 dockage slips, 2 locations, 2 showrooms, 2 full retail stores and 2 full service departments. Approximately 700 boats are stored during the winter months. This is truly The Family Boating Marina on Sebago Lake.
. 2 Complete Service Departments
. Factory trained mechanics
· 2 Fully stocked parts departments
· Sterndrive and Outboard service
· Watercraft and Snowmobile service
· Fiberglass & Gel Coat repairs
. Inside & Outside boat storage
· Winterization & Spring Commissioning services
· Shrink wrap to go
. Complete Marina Services
. Customer transportation
· Dock facilities
. Dockside power
· Gasoline dock
· Dockside head pump-out
. Head Dumping station
. Dockside water
· 2 Marine stores
· Bathroom and shower facility
. 2 Private boat ramps